Danielle
I am very tired. Not physically.

I don't know if people will ever be able to understand.

I am tired of people thinking that if a person loves God, and is devoted to Him, then he or she must definitely be called to the religious life (to be either a priest or a nun).

I am tired of people thinking that just because I have come to discover God's love and have come to understand and receive His joy and love, then I must be called to be a nun.

I am tired of people thinking that just because I love God that much, and that I will always try to put Him first in my life, then I must be unsuitable and uninterested in being in a relationship with a man. I am tired of people thinking that loving God is for the 'holy-molly' people, and for people who are going to become priests and nun.

I am tired!!!!

I am tired of seeing people being blind to not see that a person who loves God and has to come to receive God's love, will be able to love another human person, his/her spouse in the fullness of love God calls him to love. That a person who loves God, will be able to love another person even better.

I am tired of people not wanting to admit that to love God is a calling and gift, which God offers to every one, and not just to the 'holy-molly' people who are called to become priests and nuns.

I am tired of people stereotyping me. Really. I am tired of people thinking that because I have not been in a relationship before, than I would never understand the dynamics of the relationship between a man and a woman. I am tired of people thinking that I am single because I am too holy to be in a relationship. I am tired of people thinking that relationship between man and woman is more for the not-so holy people who don't want to become a nun or priest.
Marriage is a vocation God calls some of us too, the same way priesthood and religious life is.

Stop stereotyping me into that holy-molly, not interested and not capable of a relationship with a man, false, unrealistic perception.
Stop. Holiness is a gift that God offers to everyone who seeks it. Regardless of whether you are married, single, or a priest/nun. Holiness is a gift given to every baptised or God-seeking individual.

The calling to love God is an ordinary calling to every ordinary person. Please don't deny that, and in the process of denying that,please do not alienate me. I am tired.

Secondly, guys, if you love a girl, find the guts to pursuit her and win her over. Work for it. Don't be so lazy to wait for clear signals and signs before you decide to do anything. I mean, if you really truly love the girl, then the risk of embarrassing yourself cannot be so great, to hold you back from pursuing the gift of person this girl means to you. Unless you don't really love her and are just looking for any girl who is easy and convenient to attain. And yes, the guy must make the first move. Courage is one of the traits that define masculinity. Not muscles and 6-packs and great face. So, if you want to show masculinity, find some courage.

If you can work so hard for so many things, why can't you put in proportional effort for the person you wish to share your love for.

I am tired. Tired of trying to figure it all out on my own. Am tired of trying to understand. Tired.

5 Responses
  1. agape Says:

    something I came across recently..

    "A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man must be seeking the Lord to find it..."

    Faithfully pursue Him.. and wait on Him :) He who has created us surely know what is best.. ^^ *hugs*


  2. Danielle Says:

    Wow... It's perfectly beautiful... I love it... :) thank you! :)


  3. Anonymous Says:

    girl... somehow although u r talking from the point of a Christian which i am not.. i find that your words are 100% true.. people not only look think that those not in relationship b4 are not capable of one. they also think that those who had failed relationship are also not capable to b in a relationship. i guess that never been in a relationship is much better than having a failed one. save much if heartache and tears... when the right time comes, the God will send you the perfect person.. -ku-


  4. ??? Says:

    People who make such remarks perhaps haven't experienced nor understood the underlying 'call' beneath every human relationship-a call to God. Perhaps you should be patient and try harder to show empathy... They just don't see it yet.

    And you will be a great witness, as long as you stay firm..because your behaviour/action stands as truth against a strong current of popular distortions... Their opinions or intentions for you may be of good faith, but they are a result of a common distortion- that God is the 'property' of the religious.

    This does not mean that you are not meant for the religious life at all. However, the motivation behind their suggestion is false... So , don't be weary!! Keep proclaiming!! Someday, they will get it...


  5. Danielle Says:

    hmmmm...
    thank you for the objective perspective...
    I really do appreciate it...

    although uncovering your identity seems like an enticing pursuit, I shall refrain...
    there must be a reason why you wish to remain anonymous...

    thank you for the wise and encouraging words... :)