Danielle
3. Always give second chances. To yourself and those around you.

I made a mistake. To avoid making the same mistake I shall avoid getting involved in the same activity. Eg. I was chosen to lead a team. I failed miserably. I shall never take up leadership roles again.

Not exactly the best kind of decision to make.

He/She hurt me. I can forgive her but I am not going to try to go back to how things were. We cannot be the way we were before. I forgive her but doesn’t mean that I still trust her.

Not very right.

She judged me and never gave me a chance to explain myself. The misunderstanding is not my fault. It’s hers. Why should I do something to change things? If anyone should take actions, it’s her.

Not very right either.


Sometimes, we can be so hard on ourselves and those around us. We set high standards for others thinking that we, ourselves, are of quite high a standard.

I’ve learnt how much of difference second chances can make. I’ve learnt the amazing relationships I can form giving second chances to others. I’ve learnt that second chances give me a myriad of possibilities in life, allowing me to have a life that is free and not completely predictable. I’ve learnt that giving second chances, especially to myself enables me to perform to greater heights, achieving greater things.
0 Responses