Danielle

When I look back and read my own blog, I am happy with some of my posts and some posts, I’m not too proud of. I’ve realised that with time, my blog has evolved, am not sure for the better or the worst.


One thing that I noticed in my blogs, which I didn’t like was that my blogs, revolved around me, my thoughts, my opinions, my disappointments, my hurts, my happiness….


It was all about me. I didn’t like that about my blog. And I wanted to post something that was less about me and more about something that others can find useful, directly or indirectly. But I couldn’t bring myself to do it.


I find my blog therapeutic as…


At the end of the day, my blog is the only place where what I think, feel, experience matters more than others’. Outside my blog, I try to accommodate to what others think and feel, because outside my blog, it is reality, revolving around real people who feel and think and are affected by what they hear, see and how they are treated.


No matter how strongly I feel about something, I still wouldn’t bring it out into the open if I feel there is a risk offending someone else. Sounds like I’m a safe, boring character? Maybe I am. Unless I can convince myself, beyond a shadow of a doubt that offending the other party is less important a deal than making an impact or telling the truth, I wouldn’t tell others about what I think or feel.


Maybe that is why my blog is important to me. Important to provide me with a channel to put forth thoughts that otherwise, would never leave me…


So, if there are times, you read my blog and feel disappointed or fail to understand why I write what I write, if u cannot connect to it, I’m sorry. But I need this to help me reassess myself, people around me and to stay sane.


Well, worry not. There has been few interesting topics that has been lingering in mind for quite some time now. But I am not exactly in the correct state of mind to produce a good piece of work. These are the topics that you can look forward to reading, sometime soon.

But til then, bear with me…

a. sympathy vs empathy

b. survival of the fittest

1 Response
  1. lee wei Says:

    if an opinion offends another, it is highly likely that the opinion contains some semblance of truth.

    i believe that if people can't take others' opinions it shows an inferiority of the mind and ultimately, the self.