Danielle

I’ve come to realise that my blog posts are always the depressing sort (duh~)…


I mean I am no depressed girl. REALLY. I don’t deny I’ve got a hyperactive mind that loves to analyse, but me no depressed girl. I love the life I’m blessed with, the people in it, and the many little surprises that make my life, simply amazing to live.


The reason most of posts are depressing-toned maybe caused by my perception that sad stuff or nostalgic or melancholic stuff are better to write about, simply because they are not easy to talk about verbally.


But to avoid people thinking that I am falling into the valley of depression, I thought I’ll share with you a rather fun post.


I have a great roommate. She’s a good friend of mine. And I think that’s important. I’ve come to realise that not everybody has the opportunity to have a roommate who’s also a friend. Most people have roommates who are merely people who share their rooms with them. I don’t bug you. You don’t bug me. We are happie.
J


But, thank god, that’s not my case.


Anyway, back to the story (sorry, I have a habit of side-tracking). Well, we accommodate each other, try to minimise what the other can’t stand, tolerate. And to make things all the more interesting, we are total OPPOSITE. Haha. Tell me what the odds are like.


So, this is the scenario.

Me: lazy, sleep a lot (bout7-9hrs a day), crazee (inside out), hyper, loves music and movies, love talking breaks every 1-2 hrs of studying, eat every meal, eat a lot, especially during exams, take long sleeping breaks, or simply breaks, love going out with friends for movies, supper etc, even if it’s exam week.

Roommate: Hardworking, sleep an average of 4-5 hours a day, crazee (inside), not-too-hyper, solemn?, can’t study with music, easily distracted by noise, even like nHz of frequency (hehe), average break lasts about 15 minutes, very focused, can sit and study for 5-6 hours straight, with occasional 5-15 min breaks of course, doesn’t eat every meal, abstain from going out, even out of the room, 2 wks before exams.


So, it was Sunday, when we were both preparing for our Monday exams. I got really stressed. When I get stressed, I desperately NEED to listen to music to distress before I lose my mind or go mad. It’s one of those of life or death situation.


Remember, I told you that my roommate can’t study with music. She was studying (felt like forever to me) and I knew that even a 5 minute music break can disrupt her flow and concentration. So, there I was dying to listen to music but yet understanding enough not to listen to music because I knew what that would do to her concentration.


Then, at about 8.00pm, she stood up, took her towel and gathered her toiletries.
My heart was literally jumping!!!! She’s going to bath!!!!YAY!!! Music break for me.

I calmly asked her, ‘Going to bath, ar?’. She replied, ‘Yeah’. ‘Alright then.’, I replied.
I may have sounded calm and composed, but only He knows what that meant to me.


I tot to myself, well, an average person takes at the very least 10 minutes to shower, that gives me 10 minutes of music break, which means I can listen to about 2.5 songs before she comes back and continues studying.


YEAH!!! I quickly chose my favourite song for the night, ‘Mauja Mauja’ from Jab We Met, and started (literally speaking) dancing hysterically to song, came up with the weirdest moves I could possibly think of, and just tried to dance my stress away…

Aaaaah….that felt so good….

The song ended, and I clicked my second song of choice, ‘Aoo Milo Chalo’ from the same movie…


It was about half a second into the song, when I heard a knock on the door. ‘That can’t be her, she just went to bath, and it’s hardly five minutes’. I opened the door, and guess who was standing there? To my utter disappointment, IT WAS HER, my roommate!!


I was like, ‘What???’.

I told her, ‘Can’t you like at least bath for as long as an average person would do?’

She: I did bath like an average person would.
Me: You took less than 5 minutes!
She: I did not.
Me: I’m hardly into my second song, and you’re back!
She: Uh?
Me: The first song was 4 minutes long and the second song, it was hardly into its first minute when you returned.
She: (she started laughing) What am I suppose to do? There’s only so much to do when I bath. Put soap, wash up lar.
Me: Ugh!!!


When I think about the entire situation, I think it’s hilarious!!!

I told her, that our room life can be made into a comic book, I’m SERIOUS!!

She couldn’t agree more.

1 Response
  1. aisze Says:

    well, wat my suggestion to u is...
    pls, go BUY A HEADSET!!!
    gosh! dont u know that the sound quality (stereo some more) of a head set is not tat bad?! u can play ur song as loud as u can! gosh...cant imagine tat u waittttt for tat long to listen ur one and only song..GOSH!