Danielle
1. Grab opportunities and dare to take risks

Seems like such a simple thing and that many of us shouldn't be struggling to do this. Unfortunately for me and for many of us out there, we struggled and may still do. Very often, we get pulled back by so-called elements of 'realism' that we spend too much time thinking and weighing on the whether it is possible, whether it is worth it, whether it should be done. Everytime an opportunity presents itself to us, a cynical voice in us may tell us that it is not do-able, it is not in our nature, there are too many risks involved. We can do amazing things once we've learnt to shut that voice. There are risks to everything. Taking a step out of the house has a lot of risk. Weighing risks are important but allowing the fear of risks to conquer us and pull us back from living life the best possible way is not right.

Now, I am not saying you should go ahead and have sex with your partner without fearing getting pregnant. I am saying that you shouldn't stop yourself from, for eg, singing on stage (especially if you've got an amazing voice) just because there are possibilities of failing.

I know I let opportunities go because of fears and risks. My life was always executed with precision after carefully weighing possibilities and risks. I've learnt that they stop you from living the best kind of life you can.

Dream big! Seriously. They never let you down. :)


2. Be open to change. Embrace novelty.

Be it a change in a friend's character, or your position on certain issues. Be it rejection or changes in the dynamics of a relationship. Be it way of doing things or expectations from people. Be it a change in circumstances or path of life. I have learnt that the only constant thing in life is change. And embracing change gives us so much colour and definitely success in life. Whenever change comes, welcome it, embrace it and work with it. Nothing will go wrong when things change. Perhaps that has always been one of our biggest fears. That with change and therefore our inability to see into the future mean, we may fail to prepare and therefore we prepare to fail. That if we do not know how things might work, we will not be able to perform well.

Not true!

Change isn't as scary as we may have perceived it to be. Not knowing what is ahead of us doesn't mean that we are going to fail because we are not prepared. What matters most is embracing the change and making the best out of it. Whatever comes, let it come. Take it by the horns and maneuver it as our life is ours entirely.

Things will definitely turn out just as perfectly. I'm not just saying this. I know for a fact that this is true.


.....to be continued.....



p.s It is possible that the child in the dream from my previous post is representative of God in my life. The only person who understands and sees through me without me having to explain myself. The only person who would hold on to me and give me the ultimate joy. I guess, in my eyes, He's the one who is filled with wisdom, compassion and is still enveloped with innocence. Just like the child.
0 Responses