Danielle
I realised that my previous post of recapping my life 22 years ago seems to have subconsciously omitted some very important part of my life.

So, here is my conscious effort setting that right.

12- 16 years old
I became involved with a church youth group, Junior Youths and youth programme ran by the youth group under PDYN, The Persons' Are Gifts programme. This programme is extremely instrumental to who i am today. Jonathan Yap was my youth leader when i became involved in the group and he played a pivotal role in shaping me into the kind of leader i am today. He thought me a great deal about being leader, about supporting your leader, about making ethical, right decision, about sacrifices, about not falling into peer pressure. Helena Michael thought me asbout commitment. Ezekiel Raj thought me about flexibility, and second chances. I must say 70% of who i am today is because of what i experience during my time with this group. For that,i am truly grateful



Con't from previous post...


17-18 years old
This period was one of the best times in life, Form 6! Many things happened and shook my world and shaped me into better person. A close friend lost her mother, my honesty came back to bite me, friends moved away to do their degree and pursue their dreams (Temme, Rani, Zaharah and a lot more), and i decided to do something i never even considered before, Form 6!!
Muna, Rohene, Aggie and Feli, became the famous foursome in school. We did many crazy hings together. Go hiking with a 6 year-old trail book (obviously we got lost) and learn how the difference in our characters truly complement each other without antagonising each other. We did many projects together, got locked in school building together so we climbed the tree to get out, get chased my monkeys, got bitten by wild boar ticks (all were affected but me!! because i didn't go hiking that time with them. hehe. Lucky me!). We became bound to each other, which is pretty cool actually because it felt like this is the friendship that is going to last a lifetime. We had ideas of opening a bakery together when we retire because muna was so good at baking and we were good at being critiques. hahaha.

19-21+ years old
The three years in university brought me to greater heights, not in terms of academic achievements but personal development. I have changed tremendously and i am thankful that they have been positive changes. I've touched lives, hopefully. I realised the power that has been bestowed within me, within all of us and have learned how we can use that power to make a difference, a lot of difference. I learned to take risks, i learned to give my all in everything i do, i learned to love myself and use the power of optimism, i learned to have faith and to persevere even when circumstances may indicate otherwise, i learnt to forgive, to lay back and relax, i learned to let go, of pride, of insecurities, of failures, i learnt to give, to love, and to receive. I learned to give Him what He truly deserves, although i may fail now and then. I learned to hold on and to keep in touch. I learned to be happy, to be truly happy, 300% happy. Now, i'm looking forward to the future.



0 Responses